Reports, Publications & Conferences
- Geerlings, E & Heffernan, C (2018) Predicting risk of avian influenza a(H5N1) in Egypt: the creation of a community level metric. BMC public health, 18(1), 388. doi:10.1186/s12889-018-5288-x
- Geerlings, E (2018) CLAP Kuchi Baseline survey report for Additional Financing ‘Livestock Development among Kuchi. Project period: 1st July 2019 – 30th June 20122. Consultancy report written for the Dutch Committee for Afghanistan. Kabul, Afghanistan. February 2018. p. 170.
- Geerlings, E (2017) Mid-Term Evaluation Report ‘Community Livestock and Agriculture Project (CLAP)’. Consultancy report written for the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock. Kabul, Afghanistan. December 2017. p. 99.
- FAO (2011) Household producer value chain assessment. A consultancy report by E Geerlings for FAO-ECTAD Egypt.
- FAO (2009) Characterisation of domestic duck production systems in Cambodia. Prepared by M.T. Dinesh, E. Geerlings, J. Sölkner, S. Thea, O. Thieme and M. Wurzinger. AHBL – Promoting strategies for prevention and control of HPAI. Rome.
- FAO (2009) Characterisation of domestic chicken production systems in Cambodia. Prepared by M.T. Dinesh, E. Geerlings, J. Sölkner, S. Thea, O. Thieme and M. Wurzinger. AHBL – Promoting strategies for prevention and control of HPAI. Rome.
- FAO (2009) Rural livelihood and biosecurity of smallholder poultry producers and poultry value chain – Gender and socio-economic impacts of highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) and its control in Siem Reap Province, Cambodia. Prepared by Suon Seng, Coordinator, Yun Samnol, Ly Sok,Team, Khieu Khemrin, Uy Thol and Ellen Geerlings. AHBL – Promoting strategies for prevention and control of HPAI. Rome.
- FAO/WFP (2007) Highly pathogenic avian influenza: A rapid assessment of the socio-economic impact on vulnerable households in Egypt. A joint study by the Food and Agriculture Organization and the World Food Programme, Cairo, Egypt.
- FAO (2006) Rapid assessment of HPAI socio-economic impacts in Turkey, by E. Geerlings. Report produced for the FAO ECTAD Socio-economic Working Group, November 2006. Rome.
- Van’t Hooft K, Millar D, Geerlings E and Django S (2006) Endogenous Livestock Development in Cameroon: Exploring the potential of local initiatives for livestock development. Agromisa Foundation, ETC Foundation/Compas, Heifer Netherlands/Heifer Cameroon/Heifer USA.
- Geerlings, E (2004) The Black sheep of Rajasthan. Seedling, October 2004, p 11-16.
- Geerlings E., Mathias E. & Köhler-Rollefson I. (2002) Securing tomorrow’s food. Promoting the sustainable use of farm animal genetic resources. Ober-Ramstadt, Germany, League for Pastoral Peoples.
- FAO (2007). The State of the World’s Animal Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture, edited by Barbara Rischkowsky & Dafydd Pilling. Rome.
FAO (2006) Planning Livestock Interventions with a Gender and HIV/AIDS lens. FAO’s Socio-Economic and Gender Analysis (SEAGA) Programme.
- Upton M. (2006) A Framework for Identifying Market and Trade Impacts of HPAI and its Control. Paper presented at the Symposium on The Market and Trade Dimensions of Avian Influenza. Rome, Italy, 14 November 2006.
15th International Symposium on Veterinary Epidemiology & Economics held in Chiang Mai from 12-16 November 2018.
13th International Symposium on Veterinary Epidemiology & Economics held in Maastricht from 20-24 November 2012.
“Health and production indicators of small ruminants in the care of migratory pastoralists serviced by DCA-trained veterinary paraprofessionals in Afghanistan”
“HPAI risk perception of poultry keepers within the traditional poultry sector in Egypt”